The county gentry society, for which this building was built, was a class organization of noblemen who had existed in Russia since 1775. She was given the right to choose from her surroundings the district leader of the nobility.
The house is located on the territory of the former garden Kondratieff - the largest noblemen - landowners in Sumy district, whose family belonged to the founder of the city G. Kondratiev.
The house successfully combines official splendor with an accentuated luxury of decoration. On the ground floor there was a restaurant, a music salon and a theater hall, in which Shalyapin, Sobinov, actors of the Milan Opera performed at different times. On the second floor there are rooms for smoking and halls for gambling. Also, the building was adjoined by a large park, where noble people loved to walk.
After the revolution, the building was turned into a philharmonic society.